03 Nov The ticket is just the beginning. Take your event to the next level with Ticket Options.
O-tix does so much more than just offer tickets to your event. Our system is designed to meet the needs of the most complex events, but with a step-by-step setup process designed to make running your event simple.
O-tix Ticket Options has been designed to meet the evolving needs of event organisers. It allows you to set up opportunities to sell additional extras and capture more data, specific to the type of ticket a user has selected.
Each year in the lead-up to Christmas, RSPCA South Australia runs a fundraiser called Santa Paws – where people can get a photo of their whole family, including their beloved pets, with Santa. In 2016, our ticketing requirements were complex, with multiple Santa Paws locations, dates, photo packages and add-ons. Add to that the need for clients to be able to view session availability in real-time to avoid double-bookings. After just a few minutes of online research and a quick phone call, it was clear that O-tix could handle our complex requirements, and the customer support we received was second to none. Thanks to O-tix we were up and running quickly and the user experience was great.
Brand Marketing and Communications Manager
RSPCA South Australia
How ticket options work:
Event organisers have two types of Ticket Options to choose from. There are “Standard Options” and “Session Options“.
Standard Options can be free or paid, can be limited by availability, and can be sent to you for approval once a user adds it to their ticket. You can also assign custom questions to each Ticket Option, allowing you to capture more data.
Some examples of Standard Options include:
- Selling additional merchandise, and choosing a shipping rate
- Allowing people to choose a meal preference at banquet events. You can then ask them a question regarding any allergies or dietary requirements.
- If you have a photographer at your event, let your customers pick their prints ahead of time and enter their shipping information (See how this is helping the RSPCA sell more tickets)
- Sell a limited number of VIP access passes. Pair this with some further registration questions to get a better view of your most interested visitors.
Session Options have the same features as Standard Options, but they can also be associated with a particular session and time slot, set up in the O-tix Agenda system.
Session Options are perfect for conferences or events that run timed and limited seating sessions.
For example, with Session Options you can:
- Let your customer choose which sessions they will attend at your conference, allowing you to manage your logistics more effectively.
- Sell tickets to special breakout events, such as masterclasses and networking meet-ups.
- Book customers into timed events at your next exhibition or trade show. These can be anything from 1-on-1 coaching sessions or test drives at a motor show (see an example of this in action!)
- Allow your visitors to register their interest in exclusive events. Ask them questions and only approve them if they qualify.
Of course this is just scratching the surface of what you can do with Ticket Options. For advanced events, you may want to also set a minimum and maximum limit of Options that any user can choose, or event categorise the Options to segment your users.
For more info or discuss how Ticket Options can work for your event, call our support team on +61 3 9988 1420.
Click the button below to setup your next event with O-tix.
GET STARTED WITH O-TIX[/vc_column_text